Daya's blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gaming gone wild! (y)


I've been introduced to video games ever since i was 7 years old, about 8 years ago when i got my first Playstation. It was given to me from my parents as a Christmas present. My friends from school were the ones who first showed what video games were. I eventually found it really fun and entertaining. I mean, who doesn't have fun playing video games? The more i played, the more i was attracted to my Playstation. My first ever game i think was a snowboarding game. Which was quite amusing. As I grew and grew, the more advanced video games became. For instance, the next Playstation right after the first one, Playstation 2 also known as PS2 was released in 2000. Which my little brother bought as well. As weird as it seems, he is more into video games then I am.

Years passed, and by 2005, my brother and I had an estimated total of 15 games for our PS2. Even though we had kind of a lot of games, we always played this one game that was extremely fun. It was called NBA Street Volume 2. Me and my brother always enjoyed basketball games and we found this one the most entertaining and fun out of all of our games. There was one day when me and my brother did not play video games at all. Eventually, we got really bored of our PS2 and stop playing it until new video game consoles came out. We waited another 7 years, and finally all new advanced consoles were released. The Playstation 3, The XBOX 360 and the Nintendo Wii. All of these systems were fun, but the PS3 was rumored to be the most technological system out of all 3. This was because it included Blu-Ray dvd player, free online gameplay and supposedly amazing graphics. But my brother bought the Nintendo Wii instead since it had better interactive game control featuring wireless controllers which gives you the ability for hand movement.

Several months passed the release of the PS3, the XBOX 360 and the Nintendo Wii. And finally a clash of rock music and interactive video games arrived called Rockband. Rockband had became a major fad. Rockband features a guitar, a drum set, and a mic. These all form a rockband which controls you simply follow on your t.v set. This game was huge in North America. So from super Nintendo to Atari, from Playstation 3 to the Nintendo Wii, from Super Mario to Rockband, from Duck hunt to Gears of War 2, video games will never leave our generation.

1 Comments:

Blogger hannahlee said...

wow, sounds like you know a lot about video games. I don't know very much because I rarely play them. My two brothers are often buy new games, and stay up late at night facing each other. I always found it to be a bit annoying, BUT.. whatever floats your boat ;)

June 8, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home